- Graduated magna cum laude at the University of Rome La Sapienza
- In 2000, Paola joined Lovells (now: Hogan Lovells) in Italy, where she has among others led the Italian Life Sciences Regulatory, Compliance and Commercial Team for various years
- In 2013, Paola moved to EY Law together with 3 partners and 12 lawyers of Hogan Lovells.
- Paola published numerous articles on specialized reviews and national life sciences papers
- A regular speaker at national and international conferences and seminars
Paola has been assisting major global clients operating in the life sciences industry for over 20 years. Her expertise includes, among others:
- matters relating to marketing authorization procedures; advertising and promotion of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food supplements and cosmetics, reimbursement and pricing, commercial agreements, R&D, collaborations, manufacturing, co-promotion, co-marketing, global alliance and license agreements; clinical trials, observational studies and general compliance
- She has developed deep relationships with the Italian Health Authorities, particularly with the Italian Agency of Pharmaceutical Products (AIFA) and the Ministry of Health. Thanks to the in-depth knowledge she has acquired of the life science industry she offers clients strategic and innovative legal solutions
Quotes and Awards
“Regulatory specialist Paola La Licata (‘very prepared and responsive’) is highly regarded for her deep technical expertise.
Legal 500 EMEA 2020
“Paola La Licata continues to have a strong local practice and is highly adept to handle compliance matters”
Chambers Europe 2020
“Paola La Licata has excellent knowledge of the mechanisms of the regulatory authorities in the pharmaceutical fields”
Chambers Europe 2020
“Paola La Licata is a five stars regulatory expert who seems to know everything and everyone in the life sciences arena”
Legal 500 EMEA 2017
“Paola La Licata of LS CUBE Studio Legale remains a recognized practitioner in the life sciences field in Italy, particularly noted for regulatory work.”
Chambers Europe 2017
Paola wins praise for her expertise in regulatory matters, stellar relationship with local and state authorities, and particular ability to “anticipate serious issues and deal with them“.
Chambers Europe 2015
Clients praise Paola as “a very supportive lawyer who can reach the desired result in an impressive way“
Chambers Europe 2016